System for awarding CPD credits for training and development activities
cpdapplicationform-July-2016.docx (Word document)FAQ-Applying-for-CPD-credits-1-1.doc
Please make sure:
- You provide all information requested in order to avoid disappointment
- You allow plenty of time to allow the Committee to consider your application.
How Do I Apply?
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to the CPD representative on the Committee, Jane Ware.
Who Can Apply?
- Accredited EMDR Association UK and Ireland Trainers, Clinical Supervisor/Consultants and Practitioners.
- Accredited Trainers, Clinical Supervisor/Consultants and Practitioners for events organised by them but which include contributions made by clinicians working towards accreditation by the Association.
What Information is required?
- Title, date and location of event.
- Presenters/speakers details including detail of level to which trained and/or accreditation status.
- Detail of aims, learning outcomes, please specify the learning outcomes related to EMDR, teaching methodology and content.
- How the event aims to develop EMDR practice.
- Percentage of session focussed on EMDR (to qualify for points 50% of the session needs to be spent focused on EMDR).
- An indication of your target audience.
How many CPD credits can I ask for?
Please note a full day event may earn a maximum 6 CPD credits
Can I seek CPD points for support/supervision groups?
Please note, no CPD credits will be awarded for support or supervision groups.
What happens next?
The Accreditation Committee will consider all applications by email or where the timing is suitable, at a committee meeting. Applicants will be notified by e-mail of the Committee’s decision.
If application is successful applicants may then include the EMDR Europe logo and number of CPD credits awarded on workshop documentation.
Outcomes of events awarded CPD credits must be evaluated by participants in writing and a summary of evaluations submitted to the accreditation committee rep.
Repeat events will be awarded CPD credits only on receipt of satisfactory evaluations.